Are you a fan of mahjong?
If so, you’ve come to the right place! ‘
Addicting titles in our collection of free online mahjong games include:
- Mahjong Dimensions
- Mahjong Dark Dimensions
- Mahjong Candy
- Mahjong Solitaire
You’ll want to play mahjong all the time with all of these addicting games!
So, What is Mahjong Tiles Game?
Mahjong is a popular and enjoyable Chinese game of strategy, skill, and summation. The classic version of the game requires you to make identical sets and matching pairs out of 136 tiles.
Classic mahjong has been played for centuries in China, dating back to the 1800s.
What are the Best Mahjong Games?
- Mahjong Connect Classic
- Kris Mahjong: Classic
- Mahjongg Alchemy
- Kris Mahjong Remastered
- Treasures of the Mystic Sea
- Mahjong Link
- Mahjong Dimensions: 350 Seconds
- Butterfly Kyodai: Deluxe
- Mahjong Dimension: 470 Seconds
These are some Interesting Facts:
- In our free mahjong games, we have simple tiles (dots, bamboo, characters), honours tiles (winds, dragons), and bonus tiles (seasons, flowers).
- Mahjong is a Chinese word that means “sparrow.” The clacking of mahjong tiles during shuffling sounds like sparrows chattering.
- Mahjong games are popular in Chinese restaurants for lunch, dinner, and even wedding receptions.
- Do you play mahjong, mah-jong, majong, or mahjongg? They are all correct, depending on how the Chinese are translated.
- The British Mahjong Federation published a set of mahjong rules that are more similar to the traditional Chinese game than to the Japanese or American variations.
- Mahjong is no longer just a social game; you can play the online version of mahjong 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Enjoy!
Let’s know more about Mahjong Tiles:
While there are a huge number of regional variations to it. The basic principles of many Mahjong games are the same and feature the following tiles:
- 36 characters
- 36 bamboo tiles
- 36 circles (suits)
- 16 wind tiles
- 12 dragons
When you’re playing Mahjong online you may find that there’s a total of 144 tiles.
It is because these Mahjong games include the following additional tiles:
- Four flower tiles
- Four season tiles
But, How to Play Mahjong tiles?
Playing free Mahjong games is a great way to put your strategic thinking skills to the test. You can play various versions of the game online.
The simplest way to learn is to start with traditional Mahjong are:
- Your goal is to get Mahjong by using discarded tiles
- Mahjong is four sets of three tiles and one pair of tiles
- You make sets in Mahjong games in two ways
- The game starts with all 144 tiles laid out as a “wall” in the centre of the game surface
- You have to match these tiles, finding ones that are the same
- You score points by matching ones that are:
- Not covered
- Away from the sides
- Special characters
Top Tips When Playing Online Mahjong Games.
To become a true master of online Mahjong, you must focus. But that isn’t all you need to play games successfully.
These top hints will assist you in making better decisions, scoring more points, and finishing games faster:
- Attempt to match tiles that will reveal the most hidden titles.
- Horizontal tiles are more difficult to remove.
- Match the two that reveal the most tiles if you have three of the same tile.
- If you find yourself in an impasse, shuffle the tiles.
Our free online Mahjong games are all about strategic matching. You must remove all Mahjong tiles from the board before time runs out to play Mahjong.
But there’s a catch!
Only unblocked Mahjong tiles with no other tiles to their right or left can be selected. It’s a race against the clock, and the faster you go, the more points you get.
Now, have some fun!
How Long Does a Game of Mahjong Take?
When playing a four-person live game of Mahjong, hands can take up to 15 minutes. This means that completing a full live Mahjong game takes about four hours.
One of the advantages of playing Mahjong online is that games can be completed in less time. It is because some of the free Mahjong games available have a timer feature.
These games may be scheduled to last no more than ten minutes, implying that they take very little time to play.
What are Modern Mahjong Games?
Step outside the bounds of tradition and into a world of innovative Mahjong titles. Many games have introduced novel concepts to the Mahjong genre.
One such novel title is Mahjong Dark Dimensions. This game features Mahjong on a 3D rotational cube, as well as modern game elements such as score multipliers and bonuses to reward you. To make matters more difficult, time is also a constraint. For the seasoned player, this game is a great brain teaser.
Some Mahjong games, such as:
- Tiles of the Simpsons
- War Mahjong
- Mahjongg Candy
replace traditional symbols with other imagery, adding just a touch of modern imagery for gamers starting with tile-matching games.